The governor of southern Helmand province vowed government employees failed to demonstrate neutrality in the election process would be sacked from their jobs.
Maj. Gen. Mohammad Naeem Baloch said this in a meeting held to review preparations for the runoff vote, which was attended by electoral and other local officials.
Speaking on the occasion, the governor said tight security would be put in place the way it was observed during the April 5 polls.
He said if government employees, especially district and police chiefs found interfering in the process, they would be fired from their posts with immediate effect.
Helmand police chief said the process would face no security threats because of the strategy police had worked out around the voting centres.
Intelligence Director Maj. Gen. Naeem Momand said so far they conducted 150 search offensives to pave way for smooth ballot.
In addition of inflicting heavy casualties on rebels, security forces detained ten militants who were plotting to disrupt the process.
Qudratullah Naqshbandi, Helmand election commission head, expressed optimism there would be massive turnout in the runoff.
He said enthusiasm among Helmandis had surged to participate in the polls as compared to the past. According to Naqshbandi, 147 polling centres would be active in the province, with 50 more election sites had also been added to the site.
The runoff elections are scheduled to take place on June, 24.
Source:Pajhwok news agency